Monday, August 24, 2015

marching onward

NOT what I want to be doing today but it must be done. Bringing home the stuff from storage yesterday is something that had to happen. Most of it will go away but I do need to pick through bits and pieces for things that I do want to keep. I'm also listing for sale a few items that may have some value.

You remember my post about 10 days of no spending....well...I got the freezer and fridge emptied, cleaned and inventoried. Then decided to take Lucy to the pool for a bit since the pool closes soon and she needed to work off some energy. And on the way back from that...Jeremy says "i really want pizza". So....we ordered pizza. Great start to the no spend and clean out the pantry and fridge, huh. Typical! But today, I'm serious. At least until dinner time. J/k, I actually pulled out a random rack of ribs that I didn't know we had, and 2 random steaks that hadn't been used because they are yucky and tough. I put a rib rub on all of it and put it in the oven on a very low temp. Its not going to probably be spectacular, but it should cook up tender enough to eat, and its all grass fed beef, so when the meat is off it, I am going to start a pot of bone broth with the bones.

But hey, the fridge and freezer are nice and clean! Today, I am tackling the stack that was brought back from storage, and inventorying the pantry. I have veggies that need to be used up, and we will have those with the meat.



No comments:

Post a Comment